Skip to content
Remember When Buying a New Mattress
October 26, 2018
- Talk to your doctor to learn if there is a particular design that might make sleeping well easier or if there is a specific level of firmness you should have or avoid.
- Do some online research to learn what people are saying about specific types of mattresses. Check out websites that talk about sleep, and not just consumer sites.
- Know what size mattress your bedframe can hold before you get to the store This will make narrowing down the choices easier.
- Be ready to spend a little bit of money. This is not the time to skimp on costs!
- Once at the store, don’t just touch the mattress with your hand or sit on it. Actually lay down on it for 10-15 minutes. Don’t let a salesperson rush you! If you have your partner shopping with you, both of you need to lay on the mattress together to determine if it works for you both!
- Don’t get caught up in labels. Firm/soft can mean different things to each person.
- Be sure to check out several types of mattress styles. Today you will find a long list of materials used and each of them offer a different amount and type of support.