First, Focus On the Cut
The cut of a diamond determines its shine and shape. A well-cut diamond reflects light beautifully and gives you a brilliant sparkle, whereas a diamond that is cut too deep or shallow does not reflect light as well and is considered low quality. Choose the highest quality of cut in your diamonds that you can afford. According the GIA, an “Excellent Cut” diamond is of the highest quality and also the most expensive. It will be smart of you to choose a “Very Good” if not “Excellent” grade diamond, which will still be a high-quality stone but relatively less expensive.
The shape is one of the most important aspects of buying diamonds. If you are buying a loose diamond for an engagement ring it will be a great idea to ask the receiver what they would prefer. But if you absolutely do not want to …
What Do You Really Want?
It is really important to know what you like, want or need before you set out to shop. You need to know if you want to buy one really expensive piece or a bunch of inexpensive stuff. If it’s a simple stocking up session it makes more sense to buy a number of items than one expensive one, but if it’s like a random shop then you can buy like one or two expensive items be it clothes or jewellery.
Know Your Wardrobe
If you know your wardrobe it is easy to shop when you go out. It is important to first buy what you don’t have instead of spending on things that will just duplicate your already existing collection. Do you have stone washed jeans? Do you have too many casuals and no formals at all? Do you have any date-worthy outfits? Do you …
Check to see if the pearl has been artificially coloured
This isn’t, in itself, necessarily a problem. Typically though, purists will look for naturally coloured pearls and they might well command higher prices.
Things that might indicate the pearl has been artificially coloured include:
- colour seemingly “wearing off” the outer shell;
- a very dark core (indication of possible irradiation to change colours);
- a very visible stratification of colour change on the inside of the pearl.
The final two above assume your pearl has a drill hole that you can look into with magnification.
Examine the regularity and symmetry of shape
Tiny irregularities of shape can be seen or felt – and that’s typically a good sign!
If your pearl is perfectly round and perfectly smooth over its surface, then you’re probably looking at an artificial not natural (whether wild or cultured) pearl made from synthetic materials.
However, even if …
City Centre Deira
City Centre Deira includes more than 115,000 square mters of retail space and contains more than 370 leisure facilities such as Magic Planet, Bowling City, and Vox Cinema which includes more than 3000 seats.
City Center Deira also offers direct access to Balmain City Centre Deira Hotel in addition to providing one of the greatest and most comfortable shopping experiences, when It comes to dining you have more than 58 different choices of international and local restaurants, it also has a fitness center, special tourism services, and a metro station just next to it.
With more than 370 stores, the mall has everything from an optician and pharmacy, to a jewellery and textile court selling Middle Eastern handicrafts, as well as a large Carrefour supermarket, a multiplex cinema, a bowling alley, and food courts.
A sanctuary of high-end shopping, BurJuman is always in demand for …
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices – sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection – but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit
Pearls are unique because they are a delicate organic material. Pearls have a certain life span. Unlike diamonds, a pearl’s life span can be shortened if not stored or nurtured with proper care.
- Firstly, never use anything abrasive to clean pearls. Instead damp the pearls with clean water and use a soft clean cloth to wipe them.
- Once the pearl is wiped, allow them to dry completely before you put them away.
- Also make sure that you do not use soap on pearls, because it can dissolve the smooth and reflective outside shell of the pearl.
- Always store pearls in a clean box and never suffocate them in plastic bags.
Opals require special care since they are relatively soft, porous and usually fragile. Never use harsh cleaners on opals. You can either use a soft brush or a clean linen cloth to remove the light amounts …
First of all, laying eyes on the globe, I was struck by its colour and clarity. Such vivid detail literally jumps out at you, even before you press the button to switch the light on. Having depressed the switch, a warm welcoming glow emanates from this well proportioned 25cm globe thanks to the 40W energy efficient LED bulb to create an atmospheric glow. Imagine your children in their bedroom. How cool would it be when putting them to bed and are afraid of the dark to switch on this comforting World Globe Lamp and ponder?
Ask them to pick a country and talk to them for 5 minutes about it. Get them to relate to where they live and explore the world around them. It is wonderfully educational for learning geography, capital cities and continents. It also has a subtle detail in the silver ring at the North Pole, graduated …
- The A-line maxi dress: Finding a flattering fit with a dress can be difficult at times, which makes the maxi dress in A-line a preferred choice. It flares out at the waist, allowing for a more comfortable silhouette to move in. Because of its length, it is ideal for semi-formal events.
- The fit and flare dress: Perfect for those who are blessed in the hip area, the fit and flare dress accentuates the waist and then flares out beautifully. Depending on the fabric and the neckline, this dress can we worn on any occasion be it a wedding, formal meeting, dates, and more.
- The little black dress: Slimming and the easiest one to accessorize, nothing can go wrong when you are wearing a black dress that ends anywhere between the thigh and knee. Wear it with flats or heels, use a bold lipstick, complement it with a jacket in popping
- Halloween costume
It’s a very busy month for the retailer and before you realize the costumes will go out of stock. So, get your outfit for the party. You can get it tailored in time if it needs any alteration. Experiment with the costume and makeup. Make sure that you buy the dress for the kids as early as possible. Try them on and make necessary changes in case it is not comfortable. Same goes with the Halloween cat costume of your feline. Get a dress that fits in properly. This will give the kitty a very spooky look. Moreover, it is cozy and cute.
Get few packets of Halloween candies for your guests. This is the simplest way to share the spirit of the day. Buy some candies with the spooky faces on them. Pack them in small gift wrappers. It will surely bring a smile on the
First of all, make sure that you opt for a baby walker that has lots of safety features. It’s important to keep in mind that older models don’t come with required safety features, so they can’t offer maximum safety.
It’s better to go for a baby walker that has a wide base. As a matter of fact, these walkers prevent the baby from passing through doors and getting into dangerous areas like stairs and kitchens.
Moreover, you should consider investing in a stationary walker with no wheels. While it won’t let your baby walk, it will let him stand up on his feet.
It’s also a good idea to opt for a walker that has certain features and mechanisms to prevent a baby from falling. Nowadays, different types of baby walkers are out there that have these features and mechanisms. For instance, you may look for features, such …