- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices – sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection – but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer “everything under the sun” for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated – and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience – they really are ‘curated’!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through ‘Experience Stores’. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
Author: Daniel Crochard
Pearls are unique because they are a delicate organic material. Pearls have a certain life span. Unlike diamonds, a pearl’s life span can be shortened if not stored or nurtured with proper care.
- Firstly, never use anything abrasive to clean pearls. Instead damp the pearls with clean water and use a soft clean cloth to wipe them.
- Once the pearl is wiped, allow them to dry completely before you put them away.
- Also make sure that you do not use soap on pearls, because it can dissolve the smooth and reflective outside shell of the pearl.
- Always store pearls in a clean box and never suffocate them in plastic bags.
Opals require special care since they are relatively soft, porous and usually fragile. Never use harsh cleaners on opals. You can either use a soft brush or a clean linen cloth to remove the light amounts of grim on your opal. If you feel that your opal has lost its luster and shine do visit an opal specialist nearby.
Emerald is less hard than diamonds and requires gentle care. You can dip your emerald in warm lukewarm water and dry it with a clean linen cloth. Once the emerald is dry use a soft smooth brush to clean its hard-to-reach areas. At times, emerald may need to be re-oiled after several years, and this procedure should only be done by a professional.
Diamonds are the hardest substance known, however it’s important you take proper care of the stone, so that they don’t lose their natural sparkle and shine.
- If you want to clean your beautiful diamonds, dip them in a warm solution of water and mild detergent for a few minutes.
- Next gently scrub the diamond with a soft toothbrush.
- After scrubbing you have to rinse the diamond in plain warm water to remove any remaining detergent.
- Lastly wipe the diamond dry with a clean cloth.
- Diamonds that have not been fracture filled can be easily cleaned with an ammonia solution and water. Likewise, use a gentle liquid detergent solution for fracture filled diamonds, since ammonia might gradually either cloud or remove the coating that’s been covered on the stone.
Note: Solutions like chlorine; bleach etc. can discolor your diamond. Hence it’s important that you avoid using harsh solutions while cleaning the diamonds. Also, avoid keeping two diamonds together in a box, since they tend to scratch each other.
General jewelry cleaning tips
First and foremost, never wear jewelry while showering, swimming or sleeping since they are easily prone to scratches and blemishes. Always wear your jewelry once you have completed your make up. Make sure you keep everyday substances like body creams, lotions, hair sprays, and perfumes away from your jewelry, since they make the jewelry look more dull and gloomy.
Few tips to keep in mind while cleaning your jewelry:
- It’s important that you wash jewelry in a clean bowl and not in the sink so that nothing gets lost down the drain.
- Clean one piece at a time and avoid applying too much pressure on jewelry while cleaning.
- Use mild soaps and solutions while cleaning any jewelry.
- If you are using a tooth brush to clean the miniature areas of jewelry, then make sure the bristles of the brush are soft and smooth.
- Your jewelry prongs and settings also need to be handled with care, since they might get loose while cleaning.
- Lastly, don’t dump your jewelry all together in a box. Store your jewelry neatly in a clean box or wrap it in a soft cloth.
First of all, laying eyes on the globe, I was struck by its colour and clarity. Such vivid detail literally jumps out at you, even before you press the button to switch the light on. Having depressed the switch, a warm welcoming glow emanates from this well proportioned 25cm globe thanks to the 40W energy efficient LED bulb to create an atmospheric glow. Imagine your children in their bedroom. How cool would it be when putting them to bed and are afraid of the dark to switch on this comforting World Globe Lamp and ponder?
Ask them to pick a country and talk to them for 5 minutes about it. Get them to relate to where they live and explore the world around them. It is wonderfully educational for learning geography, capital cities and continents. It also has a subtle detail in the silver ring at the North Pole, graduated with time, lightness and darkness, so that your child can understand the concept of time around the world and how it relates to the earths orbit around the sun. Bonus!
Secondly, this World Globe Lamp is ‘cut’ from steel, plastic and PVC making it very robust and providing clean lines. It weighs in at an impressive 1kg. Three colours are available, quirkily called Goldfish Orange, French Blue and Mustard, the latter being depicted throughout this product review. Equally at home in an office or entrance hall to your home this is a decorative talking point that will engage colleagues and guests alike.
Finally, after talking about colour, clarity, ‘cut’ and weight, one could be forgiven for thinking this product review is about a diamond. Well indeed you are right. This World Globe Lamp is a real gem and having seen how my 6 year old relates to it and marvels at the detail, I know he can’t wait to go to bed and find out something new about the world every night, just as I did all those years ago and to ponder his future.
- The A-line maxi dress: Finding a flattering fit with a dress can be difficult at times, which makes the maxi dress in A-line a preferred choice. It flares out at the waist, allowing for a more comfortable silhouette to move in. Because of its length, it is ideal for semi-formal events.
- The fit and flare dress: Perfect for those who are blessed in the hip area, the fit and flare dress accentuates the waist and then flares out beautifully. Depending on the fabric and the neckline, this dress can we worn on any occasion be it a wedding, formal meeting, dates, and more.
- The little black dress: Slimming and the easiest one to accessorize, nothing can go wrong when you are wearing a black dress that ends anywhere between the thigh and knee. Wear it with flats or heels, use a bold lipstick, complement it with a jacket in popping color, there’s always a lot of scope and always a chance to go minimalist with the little black dress.
- The pencil dress: The best way to give your body a proper structure with sleek lines is with a pencil dress. Often recalled as the boardroom dress, nothing grants a business look better than a pencil dress with contrasting jacket and high heels.
- The shirt dress: Polished yet casual, the shirt dress gives you a chance to be both comfortable and pulled together at the same time. It is breezy with a structured silhouette, making it ideal for every body type. To up the game, you can wear it with a belt. You can wear it to the office and for the casual setting alike.
- The tank dress: The tank dress is what summers and monsoon are all about. It is airy and allows you to have an easy movement without constrictions. Wear it with wedges for summer parties and with sandals for casual day-to-day chores.
- Halloween costume
It’s a very busy month for the retailer and before you realize the costumes will go out of stock. So, get your outfit for the party. You can get it tailored in time if it needs any alteration. Experiment with the costume and makeup. Make sure that you buy the dress for the kids as early as possible. Try them on and make necessary changes in case it is not comfortable. Same goes with the Halloween cat costume of your feline. Get a dress that fits in properly. This will give the kitty a very spooky look. Moreover, it is cozy and cute.
Get few packets of Halloween candies for your guests. This is the simplest way to share the spirit of the day. Buy some candies with the spooky faces on them. Pack them in small gift wrappers. It will surely bring a smile on the face of your guests. Go knocking on doors and distribute dry fruits covered with chocolates.
- Decorative items
Decorating the house is the most time-consuming work of the day. So, get the things that you need to decorate the place now. Get the pumpkins and crave all the scary faces on it. Artificial spider along with spider web, skeletons and lightning are some of the things that you can’t afford to miss. For the lightning purpose, you can use the Jack-o-Lantern.
- 4Movie and music
Buy the CD of spooky songs. You can even download them if you want. Get a collection of some scary music. This will set the mood of the day. Watch some Halloween movie with your friends. Nothing can be more fun than this. If possible get some scary book and read the Halloween stories.
- Game essentials
If you have kids at home, then, plan some games for them and their friends. You can organize some drawing competition for them. Get sufficient papers and colors. Ask them to draw some scary characters on the paper. Or else you can even ask them to make a Halloween card. Keep a stock of materials that they will probably require.
First of all, make sure that you opt for a baby walker that has lots of safety features. It’s important to keep in mind that older models don’t come with required safety features, so they can’t offer maximum safety.
It’s better to go for a baby walker that has a wide base. As a matter of fact, these walkers prevent the baby from passing through doors and getting into dangerous areas like stairs and kitchens.
Moreover, you should consider investing in a stationary walker with no wheels. While it won’t let your baby walk, it will let him stand up on his feet.
It’s also a good idea to opt for a walker that has certain features and mechanisms to prevent a baby from falling. Nowadays, different types of baby walkers are out there that have these features and mechanisms. For instance, you may look for features, such as friction strips, wheel lifts, and rubber grips, just to name a few.
You should go for a baby walker that offers extra stimulation. For instance, some walkers feature toy attachments or trays that a baby plays with. So, you may want to check out the extra features of the walker in order to make sure that there are no detachable components that may break off.
Make sure that you choose a baby walker that is height adjustable. This will let your baby have fun for several months.
Ease of movement
Make sure the product you are going to buy can be maneuvered without any problem. If you opt for one that is too heavy, your baby may not be able to move around easily. As a result, the baby may get frustrated and discouraged.
Make sure you go for a baby walker that comes with a padded seat. The great thing about padded seats is that they let your baby have fun for longer periods.
Folding or collapsible baby walker
This type of walkers doesn’t take a lot of space in your room. So, you can put them anywhere in your room.
Breathability: this is an important trait. Over the summer, one may get sweaty. In the winter, you may have to run around in an effort to try keeping warm. You should choose the ideal material for different situations.
The Softness of fabric: no one wants itchy pants or the trapped feeling where it is too tight to even move in a jacket that is over-starched. The best way to avoid this is to teach our men about the available options.
This is a very popular choice because of its aesthetic value and versatility. The material is natural and breathes quite well. It can be worn during the day or even the night. It does not wrinkle and it is soft. Anyone needing a slimming and lighter material should look for another option though. The different types of wool include worsted, merino, cashmere, flannel, and tweed.
- Worsted wool: this is a textile that is quite compact. It is durable and very smooth as well. The wool is combed into a process called carding so as to eliminate the brittle and short fibers leaving longer strands. This is what is spun and it comes up with a toughness that is very smooth. This can then be woven to come up with fresco, tweed, and flannel cloths.
- Cashmere: this can be a blend or on its own and it is a luxurious option. This may lead to a suit that is shiny. It is ideal for anyone who does not mind anything rather fancy. It may not be the best for official work, but always the best for pleasure. This is a great way to look luxurious.
This is another material that is very popular. It comes from the fibers of a plant. These suits will breathe and move very well. However, because of the nature of the material, they do crease very easily making your suit look so sloppy. They are an ideal choice because they are very soft. They are so ideal because of the softness even though the luxurious options are definitely wool.
One of the fashionable and eye-catching ways is to wear a pair of tight pants and tuck the legs of the pants into the men’s casual leather boots. This way is a very cool style for men’s casual boots to wear with jeans. And you can get the hint from all kinds of fashion weeks, almost every brand adopt it as a mode to display their best men’s winter boots 2017. No matter you are picking the Italian style boots, vintage dress boots or the cool lace-up boots, you can lead the fashion with this different and smart idea easily
If your legs are not quite slender, another nice way is to wear a pair of loose pants and cover your black leather men’s ankle boots to style this kind of footwear. You can show part of the vamp laces of the boots, which is very stylish and decent. This modest way to wear your stylish men’s winter boots might create a gentleman feel, not just casual.
Or you can roll up the legs of your pants to lead the men’s winter boots fashion. High boots are not only for tall men. This wearing way can elongate your legs visually and show that you are really a fashionable man who is seeking for latest trend with its cool flavor. Choose the best men’s ankle boots for this look, then you will look like a super cool guy that advocates street style.
When you are a guy that stands for college style, you can choose a pair of British style men’s casual boots. When this kind of concise but fashionable men’s ankle boots meets a pair of casual pants, the elegant personality could be emphasized totally. You will leave others a gentleman feel that highlights your temperament.
Diamonds are one of the purest forms of carbon, crystallized more than a 100 km beneath the earth’s surface for centuries. They grow under tremendous heat and must be transported to the earth’s surface in less than an hour or two by volcanic activity. In a way, diamonds are snap-frozen. If the journey is too long, the stone may return to its graphite form or carbonaceous gas.
Other atoms, sometimes, get trapped in a diamond during its violent journey to the surface. Nitrogen is the most common and even the tiniest amount causes absorption of blue light that lends the diamond its yellow color. The Argyle diamond, mined in Australia, is an exception because it is actually very pure. The cause of the signature pink color is a work of nature which means more inclusions from other sources than other types of diamonds.
These are brownish or champagne colored stones that adore a variety of diamond changeable pendants set. They are also one of the most affordable varieties, costing a third of the price of a white diamond. The lighter champagne diamonds are more popular as they sparkle more. The intense colored ones are also popular because they are unusual. So demand and supply of such diamonds are balanced.
The naturally occurring blue diamond has a light bluish-grey tint. It is more “steely” colored than sapphire. The Hope Diamond, of course, is the most famous among its peers. It’s steeped in legends of ghastly deaths that befell its owners from guillotining in the French Revolution to the suicide of a Wall Street broker in 1930.
These stones get their shade when they come in contact with radioactive materials like uranium. The radiation stains the diamond’s exterior. The cutter has to be careful not to shave off too much of the surface. A laboratory analysis is required to confirm that the radiation was natural. Buyers beware of your diamond changeable pendants set.
Orange and yellow
Fancy colored diamond changeable pendants set should have more color than Z according to the GIA D-Z grading scale. Yellow diamonds come in a range of shades ranging from amber to greenish yellow. The price is similar to white diamonds and the price increases with the color intensity.
Many diamond connoisseurs describe intense yellow diamonds as “canary”. The burnt orange colored ones are less expensive than pure orange or gold colors.
In most offices, there are paper cups for serving the energy boosting drink daily, which actually creates a lot of garbage as they are non-reusable and harm the environment to the extreme. However, converting from the paper cups to the coffee mugs is an intelligent choice because they are reusable and do not disturb the eco balance in any way. Moreover, they have the power to keep our coffee hot for slight longer. There is a variety of gifts to choose but mugs are cost effective and easily acceptable by everyone.
If you go for imprinted coffee mugs with your company logo and contact details, they will serve the purpose of creating the brand awareness among the clients and customers under the effective promotional strategy. Thus, it is a perfect promotional medium for a corporate firm to introduce itself in an effective and cost saver manner. Moreover, the imprint area of the coffee mugs is larger and offers a nice-size for even campaign message or call-to-action.
Benefits Of Using Coffee Mugs For Promotional Purposes:-
- Easily Acceptable: The mugs are easily acceptable item in almost every corporate sector as they are considered fair under the gifting policies and there is no chance of disapproval from any of the receiver.
- Inexpensive: The customizable coffee mugs are cost effective if you are planning for a promotional strategy. They are fit for every budget depending on the size of an organization and the amount that a giver wants to spend over it.
- Increase Brand Awareness: They are presented to the customer under some special schemes or loyalty discounts, which surely increase the awareness of the company. This is planned before under a promotional strategy through the effective and intelligent way.